Friday, January 27, 2012

Trust and Wait.

God asks us to trust. Not to plan, not to worry, only to trust.


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5 NIV


I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. - Psalm 91:2 KJV



But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. - Jeremiah 17:7 NIV


Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. - Psalm 37:3 NIV 


Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. - Isaiah 26:4 NIV


O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me. - Psalm 7:1 KJV


Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. - Proverbs 30:5  KJV


He asks us to trust and wait.

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. - Psalm 40:1 NIV


Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. - Psalm 27:14 NIV

Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. - James 5:11 ESV


Waiting is the hardest thing I've ever done. I am so easily discouraged, so quickly distracted from the goal: waiting on Jesus for His best, and perfect plan.

"Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, 

'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'" 

- Mark 9:24




1 comment: